Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Jason Heyward Follow-Up

Jason Heyward told Dave O'Brien today that the Braves never approached him about an extension.  Let me reiterate that: our homegrown, hometown, MVP-caliber, 25-year-old right fielder indicated that he was interested in signing a long-term extension or at least "remaining in Atlanta beyond 2015" and the Braves never opened discussions.  John Hart never once discussed even a framework. The speculation around the media was of course that the Braves approached him and determined that he was out of their price range, which sadly was incorrect. 

This news makes me sad.  It is disheartening.  I am disappointed, but of course I cannot be shocked.  This just furthers my lack of confidence in the way that this organization has been run for nearly a decade now. 

My sincere hope is that Jason Heyward is back in Atlanta in 2016.  He's been the most valuable player on the Braves since his first game in the majors, and I will truly miss watching him play baseball everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I am writing to see if you are interested in applying to cover MLB for FantasyPros News Desk. You can get a sense of the coverage we provide by checking out our NFL News Desk via the link below:

    fantasypros.com/nfl/player-news.php

    This is not a paid position, but your name will be attached to your work and your Twitter account and website can be promoted. There will be opportunities for growth if you prove productive.

    If you are interested in applying, you can do so here, http://www.fantasypros.com/mlb-news-desk-application/.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete